DALLAS, TX -- Texas Instruments (TI) introduced the automotive industry's first two-channel switching LED driver for front lights and the only linear LED driver with single short LED detection for rear lights. Unlike other LED drivers in the market, the TPS92630-Q1 and TPS92602-Q1 feature both high-side current sense dimming and pulse width modulation (PWM) dimming capabilities, as well as full diagnostic and thermal management, which helps designers create flexible lighting systems that meet many countries' differing traffic regulations. Applications include automotive LED front lamp, rear lamp and interior lighting.
Key features and benefits of the TPS92630-Q1 for automotive rear lights:
• Industry's only single LED short detection: Single LED short detection and full diagnostic capabilities give designers flexibility to meet different countries' traffic regulations.
• Multi-chip fault bus connection: Supports up to 15IC connections on one bus and supports easy control logic without an extra microcontroller, which saves valuable board space and cost, compared to previous generations.
• Thermal current fold-back with programmable threshold: Prevents LED flickering in thermal shut down situations.
Key features and benefits of the TPS92602-Q1 for automotive front lights:
• Industry's first two-channel switching LED driver: Each channel can support a multitude of topologies – buck, boost, buck-boost, SEPIC, and flyback, to name a few – which saves board space and cost.
• Supports both linear analog dimming with high-side current sensing and PWM dimming with high-side PMOS FET: Customers can develop simple, robust designs.
• Dedicated diagnostic pin: Sends normal status and fault information to the body control module for flexible control.
• Auto recovery: The device switches betweenconstant current and constant voltage mode for LED open protection. The TPS92602-Q1 switches to constant voltage mode when LED open occurs and automatically recovers back to constant current mode when the LED open is closed.
Tools and support:
SPICE models are available for the TPS92630-Q1 and TPS92602-Q1. Evaluation modules (EVMs) are available for the TPS92630-Q1 and the TPS92602-Q1. View the demonstration video to learn more about the TPS92630-Q1 and TPS92602-Q1.
Availability, packaging and pricing:
The TPS92630-Q1 is available in a 16-pin HTSSOP package priced at US$0.90 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPS92602-Q1 is available in a 28-pin HTSSOP package priced at US$3.00 in 1,000-unit quantities.