CHARLOTTE, NC -- Husqvarna, the world's largest producer of outdoor power equipment, is putting convenience and peace of mind at your fingertips with the introduction of SmartSwitch, a new operator interface for ride on products. In response to consumer demand, the revolutionary advance in technology brings one-touch starting, real-time feedback and keyless security to its line of riding mowers and zero turns.
"When we asked our customers what features they would like to see on future riding mowers, the answers were consistent," says Sean Dwyer, Husqvarna. "They answered, 'make it easier to start,' 'find a way to tell me if something is wrong,' and 'make it safer around my kids,' so we did just that."
Users will enjoy:
• Keyless operation: Rather than worrying about keeping up with another key, users simply enter a programmable code in the SmartSwitch display and a successful start is just one touch away. This also eliminates the potential for dead batteries caused by keys left in the "on" position, as the system automatically shuts down after a period of inactivity.
• A system that interacts: The built-in intelligence of SmartSwitch makes the starting procedure easier than ever with lit indicators for items like "apply park brake or "disengage cutting blades". The prominent start/stop button offers additional direction with colors like green, red or blue to indicate ready to go, enter code or fault indication.
• Security remains a top priority for Husqvarna, and SmartSwitch takes tractors and zero turn mowers to another level. Along with "key-less" code activation to protect against unauthorized operation, consumers will also appreciate the one touch mow in reverse capability with clear lighted icon when activated. Forgot to activate the mow in reverse before backing up? No problem, the system will automatically shut off the cutting deck while leaving the engines running. The standard headlights also feature the convenience of programmed automatic shut off modes.
The new SmartSwitch features include:
• Keyless, multi-functional display with push-button start and stop
• Indicator lamps for parking brake, battery status, headlights and ROS (Reverse Operating System)
• Standard headlights with programmable time settings (30 seconds or 5 minutes)
• Endurance Series engines with ReadyStart® automatic choke systems specifically tailored to the SmartSwitch to allow simple one-touch starting
SmartSwitch is a microprocessor enabled electronic interface designed for use with Husqvarna's exclusive Endurance Series engines featuring ReadyStart® automatic choke systems. The feature will be available on select RZ series Zero Turn Mowers and GT series garden tractors in February 2014.
To learn more, visit http://www.husqvarna.com.