AEM’s TestPro Multifunction Cable Tester has obtained ETL certifications for testing Category 8 cabling systems from the internationally reputed agency Intertek. With a six second CAT 6A certification test, TestPro is the said to be the fastest field tester on the market. The instrument can also qualify Multi-Gig link speeds up to 10GigE and verify loaded Power over Ethernet (PoE++) up to 90W.
According to AEM, wireless access points are one of today’s most broadly deployed IoT devices and 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless APs require 2.5 and 5 GigE backbone speeds to run at maximum performance. Additionally, these devices can be PoE powered and by the nature of the link speed, require all four pair to be terminated. TestPro can certify the cabling infrastructure in accordance with TIA standards, verify link speed in accordance with IEEE 8023.bz specific to 1 / 2.5 / 5 / 10GigE, and verify loaded PoE++ in accordance with IEEE 802.3bt to 90W including DC resistance measurements.
Highlighted features of TestPro include:
- Industry’s fastest complete CAT 6A certification test at 6 seconds including TCL and return loss location troubleshooting
- Certify CAT 5e - CAT8
- Live Wiremap and cabling diagnostics including distance to fault
- Uniquely able to measure impact of PoE on network link performance with simulations of traffic generation and sustained power load testing
- DC Resistance Unbalance
- Verify loaded PoE++ for 802.3 af/at/bt (90W)
- Reporting of PSE configuration and powered pairs
- Reporting of Voltage/Current/Real Power
- Autotest qualifies which link speeds are supported with pass/fail indication of 1/2.5/5/10GigE data rates, even under sustained PoE++ load
- Per pair Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) and Bit Error Rate (BER) reporting against default or user-defined limits
- Integrated traffic generation and loopback to stress test cable links
The TestPro is available now with price starting at $2,000. Modules to support singlemode and multimode fiber optic testing will be available later this year. For more details, checkout the TestPro datasheet and visit AEM.