Power Management Technology site designed to give engineers easy-to-access information on the latest technical advances in power management technologies.
Dallas, TX – Mouser Electronics, Inc. launched its new Power Management Technology site, designed to give engineers easy-to-access information on the latest technical advances in power management technologies. As part of Mouser’s growing selection of Applications & Technologies sites, the Power Management Technology site provides a wealth of resource material - including articles and videos on power management design - as well as the newest regulators, MOSFETs, passives, and related components available at Mouser.
The new Power Management Technology site, available on Mouser.com, contains helpful information for engineers who are interested in expanding their knowledge about power management technologies. The Technology section is segmented into five categories:
Overview provides a general explanation of power supplies and their main components.
• Voltage Regulators reviews the overall purpose of the components and further examines the types of voltage regulators.
• Switching Regulators looks at the importance of efficiency in using switching regulators in switched-mode power supplies (SMPS).
• MOSFETS and Discretes details the importance of external MOSFETs, gate drivers, and rectifiers in power supplies.
• Passive Components discusses the often overlooked but necessary capacitors, transformers, and other passives that complete power management systems.
• The Featured Products section focuses on key products available from Mouser that engineers can incorporate into efficient power management designs. Products include Infineon OptiMOS 5 power MOSFETs, TDK/EPCOS B82805 Series push-pull transformers, and the Vishay VOL3120 IGBT and MOSFET driver.
The Articles section discusses topics such as power efficient design for wearable electronics, advantages of using a 1200V silicon carbide (SiC) Schottky diode, and capacitive power supplies. All articles offer an area to post comments and questions to facilitate further discussions on the topic.
Finally, the Technical Resources section lists videos, application notes, and white papers that discuss device selection and system considerations when designing power management systems. Subjects discussed include AC/DC and DC/DC conversion, certifications and standards, and selecting the right components for power management designs.
To learn more, visit http://www.mouser.com/applications/power-management-technology