Silicon Labs’ Wireless Xpress system promises to get IoT applications connected and running in a day, with no software development necessary. Wireless Xpress provides a configuration-based development experience with all necessary components including certified Bluetooth 5 Low Energy (LE) and Wi-Fi modules, integrated protocol stacks, and easy-to-use tools.
To ease the complexity of adding Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity to mobile applications, Wireless Xpress includes a mobile app SDK for Android and iOS. The mobile app framework comprises examples and libraries and offers simple communications and OTA APIs to accelerate app development and simplify wireless design for mobile platforms. Wireless Xpress employs Silicon Labs’ Gecko OS, an intuitive, simple-to-use IoT operating system that accelerates the development of market-ready connected products. Silicon Labs plans to offer additional Gecko OS-based products and solutions in the future.
Bluetooth LE Xpress Highlights
- Bluetooth 5 BGX13 module requiring no firmware development
- Zero-overhead serial-to-Bluetooth cable replacement solution
- Smartphone app for Bluetooth LE command, control and sensing
- Secure connections with encrypted communication, bonding and passkey pairing
- Ideal solution for smart home products requiring Bluetooth control with a mobile app and adding a point-to-point wireless interface to industrial applications
Wi-Fi Xpress Solution Highlights
- Streamlines cloud connectivity with low-power Wi-Fi modules and software
- Supports cloud vendors including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Integrated web app enabling browser-based user interfaces
- Ideal for applications such as home appliances, wireless sensing, thermostats, IP cameras and health monitoring requiring direct Internet access and remote provisioning and updates
The LE BGX13P and BGX13S modules are available in a choice of pre-certified PCB and SiP modules, respectively, with integrated antenna options. The Wi-Fi AMW007 and AMW037 PCB modules are also available today. Module pricing begins at $4.09 each/10,000. Wireless Xpress evaluation kits are available priced at $40 each. Learn more by visiting Silicon Labs.