Automation Products Group’s Series MNU IS intrinsically safe Modbus ultrasonic level sensor combines the flexibility and programmability of Modbus sensors with the ability to be installed in Class I Division 1 Hazardous locations. Both its application parameters (Distance, Level, or Volume settings) and sensor performance parameters (Pulses, Signal Strength, Averaging, etc.) can be configured via APG Modbus software. And with certifications from CSA, IECEx, and ATEX, the Intrinsic Safety rating is valid all around the globe.
The MNU IS is also the company’s first ultrasonic level sensor to feature QuickMode, a function that powers up a sensor to take a specified number of measurements and return the average reading before sending the sensor back to a waiting state. Therefore, rather than operating at continuous full power while taking constant readings, the MNU IS can be powered up at specific intervals, take a reading, and return to its semi-dormant waiting state.
Other features and specs include:
- Transducer Frequency/Range: 69 kHz/1 - 25 ft.
- Mounting: 2" NPT (face), optional 3/4" NPT (back of housing)
- Accuracy: ±0.25% of detected range
- Output: Modbus, with optional lightning protection
- NEMA IP68-rated housing
- CSA, ATEX, IECEx Class I, Division 1 Intrinsically Safe certification
- Programmable with APG Modbus PC software and RST-6001, or RS485-to-USB converter
- Tank Cloud compatible with RST-5003 or LOE web-enabled Modbus controller
For greater insights, why not download the MNU IS datasheet.