Vishay Intertechnology latest miniature infrared (IR) receiver modules for IR remote control applications, the TSOP93xxx, TSOP94xxx, and TSOP98xxx series. boast improved dark-ambient and disturbed-ambient sensitivity to infrared signals, better suppression of RF noise, and excellent pulse-width accuracy. They are designed for IR remote control in televisions, set-top boxes (STBs), audio systems, air conditioners, video projectors, cameras, video game systems, and more.
For the remote-control function, the devices provide increased robustness against disturbances such as IR emissions from CFL lamps and RF emissions from on-board Wi-Fi antennas. In addition, the modules' improved pulse-width accuracy allows lower bit error rates for almost any code, and the devices are insensitive to supply voltage variations and ripple noise.
The receivers feature a photodetector, preamplifier circuit, and IR filter in a single 3-pin epoxy Minimold (TSOP93xxx), Mold (TSOP94xxx), or Minicast (TSOP98xxx) package. The devices are available with carrier frequencies from 30 kHz to 56 kHz and five automatic gain control (AGC) versions for short and long burst codes. The receivers feature a low supply voltage from 2.0 V to 3.6 V and a typical supply current of 0.37 mA.
Samples and production quantities of the new IR receiver modules are available now, with lead times of four to six weeks. For greater illumination, checkout some datasheets:
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82841 (TSOP932, TSOP934)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82840 (TSOP933, TSOP935)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82842 (TSOP936)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82834 (TSOP942, TSOP944)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82835 (TSOP943, TSOP945)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82836 (TSOP946)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82831 (TSOP982, TSOP984)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82833 (TSOP983, TSOP985)
- http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82832 (TSOP986)