WILSONVILLE, OR -- Mentor Graphics Don Miller Award Highlights
• First annual Don Miller Award for Excellence in System Level Thermo-Fluid Design established by Mentor Graphics
• Award named after Don Miller, former research director of British Hydromechanics Research (U.K.) and author of Internal Flow Systems, the de facto standard for 1D computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and the foundation for Mentor Graphics® Flowmaster® technology
• Award will recognize excellence in System Level Design (SLD) using the Flowmaster software to include research and real-world technology breakthroughs
• The winner and runners up will receive a cash prize and a plaque each in November 2015 based on submitted criteria, reviewed by a panel of technology experts, including Don Miller
• Award submissions are due April 30, 2015 to [email protected]
Mentor Graphics Corporation announces a call-for-entries for its first annual Don Miller Award for Excellence in System Level Thermo-Fluid Design. Don Miller is the former research director for British Hydromechanics Research (now BRH Group) in the U.K., and author of Internal Flow Systems. His book serves as the foundation for Mentor Graphics Flowmaster software technology. Mentor Graphics is establishing the award with Mr. Miller to recognize excellence for System Level Design using Flowmaster software, and to uncover breakthroughs in research and real-world applications in the field.
Award application criteria must be based on a practical and realistic approach to 1D computational fluid dynamics (CFD). This entry must be quantifiable and representative of an advance in system level thermo-fluid analysis and modeling. The submission must demonstrate a relevant, clear and practical approach to system design and must be within the public domain and circulated publicly within 12 months prior to the award entry closing date. Applicants must have permission from their organization, or have relevant authority to apply. All entries, including the supporting materials, must be submitted by April 30, 2015 via an email to [email protected]
The winners and runners up of this inaugural award will be announced in November 2015 and will receive a cash prize and engraved plaques. The panel of expert judges who will review all submissions will include Don Miller. "We are honored to establish this award after Don Miller, whose body of work inspired the development of our market-leading Flowmaster 1D CFD technology," stated Roland Feldhinkel, general manager, Mentor Graphics Mechanical Analysis Division. "We are excited to review the broad range of system design entries from our global customers, who are changing the world with innovative products and solutions."
Award submissions are due April 30, 2015 to [email protected]
For more information, visit: