PITTSBURGH, PA--(Marketwired - May 24, 2016) - MEMS & Sensors Industry Group® (MSIG), the trade association advancing MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) and sensors across global markets, today announced its line-up of speakers for How to Plug In and Extract Value from the MEMS & Sensors Supply Chain, its pre-conference symposium at the 2016 Sensors Expo & Conference. Targeting a massive market for smart connected devices -- which Cisco predicts1 will reach 50 billion units by 2020 -- speakers will explore opportunities for MEMS- and sensors-enabled end-to-end solutions that are interoperable, standardized, low power and secure.
"Connected devices are changing the human experience as we know it," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. "The way we communicate with one another, drive more safely, access healthcare, measure workouts, monitor environmental conditions and deliver drug treatments are all examples of MEMS- and sensors-based connected devices in action. Attendees of MSIG's Pre-Conference Symposium will learn how they can benefit from new opportunities in MEMS and sensors for the connected devices that are essential to tomorrow's smart systems and a smart IoT."
Pre-Conference Symposium Agenda
- Welcome and Introduction -- Stephen Whalley, chief strategy officer, MEMS & Sensors Industry Group
- Growing the MEMS and Sensors Ecosystem to Address IoT Opportunities -- Alissa Fitzgerald, founder & managing member, A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates, LLC
- A Vision of Smart Sensors from Key Technology Blocks to System Integration -- Andre Rouzaud, deputy VP, Microsystems & Heterogeneous Integration, CEA-Leti
- Lowering the Cost of Test with Integrated MEMS Test Cells -- David Benton, regional sales manager, SPEA America
- Using Deep Learning to Extract New Value from Sensors -- Jeff Bier, founder, Embedded Vision Alliance
- The Broad Roster of Players in the Internet of Things -- Tony Massimini, chief of technology, Semico Research
- When Sensor Subsystems Improve the Quality of Our Life -- Marcellino Gemelli, head of business development, Bosch Sensortec
- Energy Harvesting for Wireless Sensor Applications -- David Trauernicht, principal, MicroGen Systems
- MEMS Mobility Sensors for Motion Detection -- Michael Rupp, product management, sensors, Robert Bosch GmbH
- Sensors and Machine Learning: Driving New Applications -- Kevin Shaw, CTO, Algorithmic Intuition
Panel: Maximizing YOUR Value from the MEMS and Sensors Supply Chain
- Jeff Bier, founder, Embedded Vision Alliance
- Marcellino Gemelli, head of business development, Bosch Sensortec
- Alissa Fitzgerald, founder & managing member, A.M. Fitzgerald & Associates, LLC.
- Tony Massimini, chief of technology, Semico Research
MEMS & Sensors Conference Track
MSIG is also chair of the MEMS & Sensors conference track at Sensors Expo & Conference on June 22-23. For more information, please visit: http://www.sensorsexpo.com/session-tracks/mems-sensors
25+ MSIG Members on the Show Floor
MSIG and MSIG member companies are well represented on the show floor. Please visit MSIG in MEMS Pavilion and MEMS Innovation Area in booth M3 and look for the following MSIG member companies -- all during exhibition hours.
|Exhibitor Name||Booth Number|
|Acutronic USA Inc.||645|
|Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center||1345|
|Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems IPMS||535|
|MEMS and Nanotechnology Exchange||344|
|Merit Sensor Systems, Inc.||529|
|MicroGen Systems, Inc.||945|
|Midwest Micro Devices||435|
|Omron Electronic Components||829|
|PNI Sensor Corporation||339A|
|Roger Grace Associates||1341|
|Rogue Valley Microdevices||324|
|Silicon Microstructures (part of Elmos)||330|
|Ulvac Technologies, Inc||1411|
For More Information
MSIG's Pre-Conference Symposium takes place June 21, 2015, from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. in Room 212. Please visit: http://www.sensorsexpo.com/session/pre-conference-symposium-1-how-plug-and-extract-value-mems-sensors-supply-chain.
MSIG's two-day MEMS & Sensors conference track takes place on June 22-23. Please visit: http://www.sensorsexpo.com/session-tracks/mems-sensors.
ABOUT SENSORS EXPO & CONFERENCE
Sensors Expo & Conference is widely known as one of the world's largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. The 2016 event takes place at McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA on June 21-23. For more information, visit www.sensorsexpo.com. Questex LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider headquartered in Newton, MA, produces and manages Sensors Expo & Conference. For more information, visit www.questex.com.
ABOUT MEMS & SENSORS INDUSTRY GROUP
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS and sensors across global markets. MSIG advocates for near-term commercialization of MEMS/sensors-based products through a wide range of activities, such as conferences, technical working groups and education. By bringing the TSensors® (Trillion Sensors) Enterprise under the umbrella of events and programs, MSIG also increases worldwide awareness of emerging MEMS/sensors-based applications with huge commercialization potential in the next decade and beyond.
Nearly 200 companies and industry partners comprise MEMS & Sensors Industry Group, including Analog Devices, ARM, Bosch, Cirrus Logic, EV Group, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, HTC Corporation, Huawei, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Kionix, Knowles Corporation, Lam Research, Lenovo, NXP, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., SONY Electronics, SPTS Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group, the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group logo and TSensors are registered trademarks of MEMS & Sensors Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
1 "The Internet of Things: How the Next Evolution of the Internet is Changing Everything," Dave Evans, Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group, 2011