PITTSBURGH - May 12, 2014 - MEMS Industry Group® (MIG), the trade association advancing micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) across global markets, today announced its line-up of speakers for "Designing MEMS In - How to Engage the Supply Chain," its pre-conference symposium at 2014 Sensors Expo & Conference. Attendees will learn how to take best advantage of a robust supply chain composed of device manufacturers, foundries, materials and equipment suppliers, software designers, and consultants as they prepare for success in this rich and diverse ecosystem.
"There is still great untapped opportunity for entrepreneurism and innovation in how MEMS devices are designed, where they are used, and how they can transform existing applications and create new markets. However, in order to pick the best MEMS device to design into your product, it is important to make the right choices," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. "MIG's pre-conference symposium at Sensors Expo gives embedded systems integrators and OEMs a guided tour of the MEMS supply chain. Attendees will learn how to pick the right platform and partners for their applications, in order to collaborate effectively and achieve the best return on investment."
The pre-conference symposium will feature:
- Introduction and Closing Remarks - Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group
- "Adopting Higher Integration Processes for MEMS Design and Manufacturing Shortens the Supply Chain" - Nouraddine Hawat, vice president, MEMSIC
- "Staying Ahead Using Customized Designs - a Foundry Perspective on the Supply Chain" - Magnus Rimskog, sales director North America, Silex Microsystems
- "MEMS Microphones: Optimizing Voice Input Quality in Mobile Devices" - Davin Yuknis, vice president, sales and marketing, Akustica
- "Implementing MEMS: Make vs. Buy?" - Alissa Fitzgerald, PhD, founder and managing member, AM Fitzgerald and Associates
- "The Distributed Sensor Hub - Maximum Features, Minimal Wattage" - Tim Kelliher, product manager, Movea
- "The Role of the Packaging, Assembly and Test Development Facility in the Enhancement of the MEMS Supply Chain Process" - Matt Apanius, director, SMART Commercialization Center
- "Successful MEMS Product Commercialization and Successful Sales" - Jeff Chance, manager, sales and business development, MERIT Sensor Systems
- "Critical Success Factors for the Commercialization of MEMS: The 2013 MEMS Industry Report Card" - Roger Grace, president, Roger Grace Associates
- Panel: "Designing MEMS In - How to Successfully Engage the Supply Chain" - with moderator Roger Grace and panelists: Matt Apanius, Alissa Fitzgerald, Tim Kelliher and Magnus Rimskog
MEMS Conference Track
As chair of the MEMS conference track at Sensors Expo & Conference on June 25-26, MIG has picked top speakers from the entire MEMS industry to discuss trends, strategies, technologies and solutions for engineers and sensing professionals. For more information on MIG's MEMS conference track, please click here.
MIG's active engagement in Sensors Expo stems from its collaborative relationship with Questex Media Group, producers of Sensors Expo & Conference. Wendy Loew, group show director of Questex Media Group, LLC, commented: "As the 'go-to' resource for globally linking the MEMS supply chain to strategic markets, MIG offers a neutral forum for exploring challenges and opportunities in the commercialization of MEMS. Tapping their global network of MEMS suppliers, MIG brings a group of accomplished and insightful speakers to our event. This makes them a valued partner in providing MEMS-centric programming to Sensors Expo & Conference attendees."
On the Show Floor
Joined by some of its member-companies, MIG will also sponsor and exhibit in the MEMS Pavilion & Innovation Area on the show floor.
For More Information
For more information on MIG's pre-conference symposium on June 24, 2014, two-day MEMS conference track on June 25-26, or show floor presence, please click here:
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Since 1986, Sensors Expo & Conference has been the leading industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and has emerged as one of the largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. For more information, visit www.sensorsexpo.com.
The Sensors Expo & Conference takes place June 24-26, 2014 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. It is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. For more information, visit: www.questex.com.
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS across global markets. More than 160 companies comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, SunEdison, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit: www.memsindustrygroup.org.
MEMS Industry Group and the MEMS Industry Group logo are registered trademarks of MEMS Industry Group. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
MEMS PRESS CONTACTS
Chivonne Hyppolite, MEMS Industry Group
Phone: +1 412/390-1644
Email: [email protected]
Maria Vetrano, Vetrano Communications
Email: [email protected]
For further information on Sensors Expo, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations
To register for press credentials, click here.