Alliance Sensors Group’s LV-45 series inductive, contactless linear position sensors using LVIT Technology are designed for measuring applications in rugged environs. They can withstand the high vibration and severe shock environment found in steel, aluminum, and paper mills, as well as extremes of temperature and humidity found in most outdoor applications where many other types of linear position sensors cannot survive.
The LV-45 series uses a proprietary inductive technology that allows it to replace traditional DC-LVDTs in most applications. Its simple coil design permits the sensor to be both shorter and more rugged than its DC-LVDT counterpart while operating over a wider temperature range. The LV-45 series is available with optional mounting flanges, rod eye ends, connector or cable terminations, and a captive connecting rod assembly that cannot break loose. The SenSet range adjustability feature allows the user to scale the sensor's zero and full span output to the actual range of motion of the workpiece being measured after the sensor is installed.
- Operating temp range -40C to 85C
- Ranges from 100-450mm with various analog outputs
- Double shaft seals to keep dirt and grime out of the bore
- ½-20 UNF externally threaded core rod- the core is captivated so it can't come out
- Axial or radial connector or cable terminations
- SenSet™ range adjustability
- 1.75 inch (44.5 mm) outer diameter body with 5 mm wall thickness
- 1/2-20 UNF threaded or rod eye end connecting rod
- Optional mounting hardware
For more information, an LV-45 datasheet is on tap for your perusing pleasure.