Alliance Sensors introduces the LRS-18 series, its first spring-loaded Linear Variable Inductive Transducer (LVIT) series. The contactless components are designed for dimension or position measuring applications in factory automation and in various industrial and commercial applications where the sensing element cannot be attached to the object being measured. The LRS-18 stroke to length ratio is excellent. Existing technologies with similar electrical specifications are 9” long to measure 1”. The equivalent LRS-18 is 4” long.
- Notable stroke to length ratio
- Contactless operation prevents internal wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
- Ranges from 12.5 to 100 mm (0.5 to 4.0 inches)
- M18 x 1 threaded aluminum or stainless-steel body with mounting nuts
- Maximum tip force on the item being measured is 1 pound
LRS-18 sensors have a 19 mm (0.75 inch) diameter aluminum or stainless-steel body with an M18 x 1 thread and come with two hex jam nuts for easy installation in place of an 18 mm analog proximity sensor. These sensors use a 0.25-inch diameter probe equipped with an AGD No. 9 contact tip and are offered with either an axial cable or a connector.
Operating from a variety of DC voltages, the sensors are available with a choice of four analog outputs and they all include the SenSet field calibration feature. For more details, visit Alliance Sensors Group.