LA-25-R series LVDT linear position sensors designed to handle the extreme industrial environments found in steam and hydro power plants; paper, steel, and aluminum mills; die and stamping presses; building and bridge monitoring; and industrial automation and fluid power systems. Available in ranges from 3 inches (75 mm) to 15 inches (375 mm) full scale, the LA-25-R is ideal for roller gap positioning, process valve displacement, and head box and actuator position feedback with the durability needed to withstand hostile conditions. Its open bore design works well in factory environments where debris such as lubricant and chemical mists, airborne grit and dust, and typical industrial wash down can flow through the bore. The robust LA-25-R LVDT linear sensor has a sturdy one-inch (25.4 mm) diameter heavy wall housing of aluminum or stainless steel and is offered with a choice of several radial connectors or a cable in a metal cord grip.
For the LA-25-R series LVDTs, ASG offers a variety of mountings, including saddle-type clamps, a two-hole flange that screws onto its front bushing, and single hole mounting through a bulkhead up to 1/8 inch thick. The LA-25-R's core is enclosed in a core extension rod assembly from which it can never break loose, while offering a sturdy male thread for easy mechanical connection. When mated with ASG's SC-100 industrial LVDT DIN-rail-mountable signal conditioner, an LA-25-R LVDT becomes an ideal solution for heavy duty industrial applications for position sensing.
• Stock ranges from 3 inches to 15 inches (75 mm to 375 mm) full scale
• Enclosed core in 3/8 inch diameter core extension rod with a 5/16-24 or 8 mm male threaded end
• One-inch (25.4 mm) diameter heavy wall aluminum housing
• Continuous operation to 250°F (120 C)
• Open bore facilitates cleanout of contaminants
• Environmentally sealed to IEC IP-68
• Stainless steel body
• Mild radiation resistant version for nuclear power plants (30 Mrads for 40 years)
• Mounting hardware including flanges, single hole mounting kits, swivel rod eye ends, ball joints, extension rods, holddown clamps, and tie bars for dual-mounted LVDTs
• Axial connector or cable versions available- LA-25-A