The Sensor Connection’s ILPS-45 series inductive, contactless linear position sensor using LVIT technology is designed for measuring applications requiring rugged devices, such as measuring position of steam turbine valves, mounted in a paper mill head box or calendar roll stand, or outdoors fastened to a building, bridge or structure. The sensor can withstand the high vibration and severe shock environment found in steel, aluminum, and paper mills, as well as extremes of temperature and humidity found in most outdoor applications where many other types of linear position sensors cannot survive.
The series uses a proprietary inductive technology that allows it to replace traditional DC-LVDTs in most applications. Its simple coil design permits the sensor to be both shorter and more rugged than its DC-LVDT counterpart while operating over a wider temperature range. The ILPS-45 series is available with optional mounting flanges, rod eye ends, connector or cable terminations, and a captive connecting rod assembly that cannot break loose. The ILPS-19 features:
• Operating temp range -40°C to 85C
• Ranges from 4 to 18 inches (100 mm to 450 mm)
• Double shaft seals to keep dirt and grime out of the bore
• Axial or radial connector or cable terminations
• SenSet range adjustability
• 1.75 in. (44.5 mm) outer diameter body with 5-mm wall thickness
• 1/2-20 UNF threaded or rod eye end connecting rod
• Optional mounting hardware
Operating from a variety of DC voltages, the ILPS-45 series offer a choice of four analog outputs and all include TSC's proprietary SenSet field recalibration feature. For deeper insights, checkout the ILPS-45 product page and datasheet.