According to MarketsandMarkets’ research report "Light Meter Market by Display (Analog and Digital), Type (General-Purpose, LED, and UV), Lux Range (0-200K Lux and Above 200K Lux), Application (Photography & Cinematography, Commercial Spaces, Clinics & Hospitals), and Region - Global Forecast to 2023", the market is expected to grow from $305.1 Million in 2018 to $417.4 Million by 2023, at a CAGR of 6.47% between 2018 and 2023. Not exactly bowel-shaking figures, the growth of the light meter market can be attributed to increasing demand in the photography and cinematography industry worldwide, regulations to improve workplace lighting, and government initiatives toward the standardization of lighting protocols.
- Market for digital light meters expected to grow at higher CAGR between 2018 and 2023
- Market for LED light meters expected to grow at highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023
- 0-200K lux range light meters held major share of the light meter market in 2017
- Light meter market for photography and cinematography application to grow at highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023
- Americas held the largest share of the light meter market in 2017
- The light meter ecosystem includes manufacturers and resellers such as Konica Minolta Sensing Americas (US), FLIR Systems (US), Sekonic (Japan), Testo SE (Germany), Hioki (Japan), Amprobe (US), KERN & SOHN (Germany), B&K Precision (US), Line Seiki (Japan), PCE Deutschland (Germany), and Hanna Instruments (US).
Should you require more knowledge of this market, feel free to browse the report’s 71 tables and 43 figures and TOC.