Grenoble, France --- SIGMA FUSION, Leti’s low-cost solution for autonomous cars, transforms the myriad of incoming distance data into clear information about the driving environment. This efficient perception system, which Leti will demonstrate at CES 2017, combines, merges and feeds exhaustive data to an autonomous car's autopilot, providing all it needs to guarantee safe driving. It is able to detect any kind of obstacle and to assess obstacle-free spaces for safe route navigation.
SIGMA FUSION processes information signaled by its “senses”: a stereo camera and two LIDARs. A LIDAR, short for light detection and ranging, is a remote-sensing method. SIGMA FUSION is compatible with any kind of range sensors, leveraging data from the best sensors.
SIGMA FUSION highlights include:
• Multi-sensor fusion compatible with any type of sensor
• Safe assessment of obstacle-free space surrounding the vehicle
• Fast, accurate environmental perception
• Real-time performance in a mass-market microcontroller
• Predictable behavior and proven reliability to prepare for automotive-certification process
• 100 times more energy efficient than comparable systems
• Affordable and tailored to all vehicle types and models
Leti’s team will demonstrate its breakthrough technologies at Booth 50648-50650, in Eureka Park. For more details, visit http://www.leti.fr/en