Addressing the demand for advanced LCD Panel lighting solutions that deliver increased capabilities in a small package, Kinetic Technologies offers the KTD3133, KTD3134, KTD3136 and KTD3137 two- and three-channel solutions in its LED backlight driver IC portfolio.
All four provide LED backlighting for LCD displays up to seven inches. KTD3137 and KTD3134 include a high current mode that drives the panel LEDs brighter during front side camera, still and video capture. Both backlight and flash modes operate using a single inductor, which drastically reduces the PCB area and eliminates components. These step-up dc/dcc converters operate with an input voltage from 2.7V to 5.5V and accommodate 1-cell lithium ion batteries or 5V supply.
Each of the current sinks in the KTD3133/4/6/7 can regulate up to 30 mA in backlight mode and are equipped with I2C interfaces for various controls. KTD3134/7 can drive up to 60 mA in panel flash mode. Built-in protection features include: cycle-by-cycle inductor current limit, output overvoltage, LED fault (open or short) and thermal shutdown.
Features in a nutshell include:
- Wide input range: 2.7V~5.5V
- I2C/PWM dual dimming control scheme
- Programmable current sink turns on/off ramp time and shape
- Selectable boost converter switching frequency
- Programmable input PWM hysteresis to minimize jitter at low PWM duty cycle
- Programmable OVP and current limit
- Status reporting through I2C interface
- 2-Ch current sinks, up to 8-LEDs per string
- 3-Ch current sinks, up to 8-LEDs per string
For greater illumination, visit Kinetic Technologies for datasheets.