Polysense Technologies announces commercial availability of image and video capturing on its LoRa-based WxS end node and iEdge computing platform with patented image and video analysis. The Polysense WxS 8800 universal sensor node series incorporates Semtech’s LoRa devices and wireless radio frequency technology (LoRa Technology) and LoRaWAN open standard from the LoRa Alliance to support ranges of 3 km to 5 km in none line of sight (NLOS) urban environments, and over 15 km reach in LOS (Line of Sight) open environments.
With nine integrated internal sensors and connectivity for an external analog and digital sensor, the WxS 8800 enables a wide range of IoT applications. Reportedly, with the new image and video capture capabilities on WxS 8800, Polysense is thought to be the only vendor that provides smart triggered capturing of event detections for applications such as asset protection, perimeter security, and senior care.
- Ultra-low power for battery operation
- Flexible choice of image and video resolutions from 176*120 to 640*480
- Night vision mode
- 8-MB of local storage, capable of storing up to 60 seconds of video segment or multiple picture images
- Standard Image formats: H264/MJPEG/JPEG
- Image and video analysis capability
- Efficient local store and forwarding algorithm with frame retransmission mechanism
- User controllable video capture via remote command or smart triggering from local sensor
Polysense's WxS 8800 universal sensor node series is in production and immediately available for ordering. For more details, checkout the WxS 8800 product page.