Teledyne e2v expands its Emerald family of image sensors with a new 2-Mpixel sensor, the Emerald 2M CMOS image sensor for cost-sensitive applications that require full HD resolution images of objects in motion, without distortion. The sensor is optimized for machine vision applications and include 5° Chief Ray Angle compensation. The Emerald 2M is offered in a CLGA package or miniaturized organic fan-out package that measures 1.19-mm thick.
Deemed to be the smallest full HD global shutter sensor available, Emerald 2M helps to lower the cost of a full HD camera system because of its compatibility with low-cost 1/3” optics. Features include:
- Global shutter CMOS pixel (2.8μm x 2.8μm) optimized for a maximum 5° Chief Ray Angle
- 1/3” optical format
- MIPI CSI-2 interface, up to 100fps
- Package options: CLGA or fan-out organic package
- Color Filter Array options: monochrome or color Bayer
- On-chip functionalities: multi ROI, subsampling, single frame exposure, single frame HDR
Samples are will be available in Q2 2019. For more revelations, visit the product page.