Marlborough, MA — HBM, Inc. now offers a total of 260 types of strain gauges in stock for immediate delivery through its HBMshop. The HBMshop web ordering tool is designed to speed up and simplify shopping, getting price quotes, and placing orders for a wide range of HBM test and measurement equipment.
Strain gauge technology offers an excellent blend of performance and cost advantages for converting mechanical quantities like force, torque and pressure into electrical values. HBM’s strain gauge line includes solutions for a wide range of applications and its online catalog, “Strain Gauges: Absolute Precision from HBM,” available as a download, provides detailed specifications on the full line and identifies the types available for immediate delivery. This simplifies making the right selection quickly for rush orders to address urgent measurement tasks. All the accessories and components needed to install strain gauges are also available.
A wide array of HBM strain gauges are optimized for stress analysis and durability testing applications:
• Y Series universal strain gauges for stress and fatigue tests on structures and materials
• M Series special strain gauges for high fatigue life at an extended strain level. For temperatures up to 300°C.
• C Series strain gauges for measuring in a wide temperature range (-269°C to +250°C)
• V Series encapsulated strain gages with 3m stranded connection wire. High mechanical protection for measurements under harsh environment.
• Special strain gauges for special applications (e.g., residual stress analysis, encapsulated IP67, weldable, high strain, crack propagation, temperature compensation, etc.)
• Pre-wired strain gauges with configurable wire lengths and connection types.
HBM also offers strain gauges available with various creep compensation values specifically designed for transducer manufacturing. Additional information and specifications on these strain gauge types are available in HBM’s downloadable catalog, “Strain Gauges for Transducer Manufacturers.”