According to a report by Grand View Research, the global gas sensor market is anticipated to reach $3,436.2 million by 2025. Factors such as increased demand for smart & wireless gas sensors and regulatory initiatives in developed markets of North America and Europe propel the adoption of gas sensors. Gas sensors consume low power and can be integrated into portable handheld devices, which further creates opportunities for market growth. Technological developments, such as enhancement of MEMS sensors, and need for hydrogen detection because of its use as a fuel are also expected to contribute to industry growth.
- The introduction of embedded electronics, coupled with sophisticated firmware and improved manufacturing techniques, has enabled developments in gas detection technologies.
- The infrared technology segment is anticipated to witness substantial growth as it enables the measurement of a wide variety of gases.
- The demand for gas sensors has increased over the years owing to their reliability in performance, real-time monitoring, and cost effectiveness.
- The U.S. government is investing considerable amount of monetary and non-monetary resources to encourage the adoption of gas sensors across various sectors and carry out initiatives such as smart cities.
- Stringent safety regulations to protect workers from hazardous gases in industries are boosting the market growth.
- Various end users are adopting electrochemical sensors in Europe owing to features such as indoor air quality, emission control, landfill gas detection, and others.
- Key players in the market include ABB Ltd., Robert Bosch LLC, and Nemoto & Co. Ltd., among others.
Learn more by browsing the full “Gas Sensor Market” report.
Grand View Research, Inc.