According to a study created by Acumen Research and Consulting, the global flexible electronics market is expected to reach $87.21 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of over 10.58% during the forecast period. Factors contributing to growth include ruggedness, portability, light-weight, and low-cost of production as compared to rigid substrates.
- The component segment comprises displays, batteries, sensors, and memory. In 2015, the display segment generated the highest revenue and captured over 50% of the market in the same year. The battery segment is estimated to witness moderate growth at CAGR exceeding 15% over the forecast period.
- Healthcare segment is estimated to witness a steady growth at CAGR of over 8% from 2016 to 2024. Increasing usage in x-ray detectors, light therapies, lab-on-chip devices, smart plastics, healthcare photonics and health monitoring devices is anticipated to fuel the segment growth.
- The automotive sector accounted for over 12% of the overall revenue in 2015 and is expected to witness steady growth over the next eight years.
- North America accounted for over 30% of the global revenue in 2015.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness bullish growth at CAGR exceeding 17% from 2018 to 2026.
- The Europe flexible electronics market was over $5 billion in 2015.
Need more data? Then take a look at the “Flexible Electronics Market - Global Industry Size, Share, Trends and Forecast, 2018 – 2026” report.
Acumen Research and Consulting