Embarking as the latest evolution of Fitbit’s Charge family of devices, Fitbit Charge 3 features an elevated, premium swim-proof design with a touchscreen display, 15+ goal-based exercise modes, smart features to stay connected, up to seven days of battery life, and Fitbit’s most advanced sensor and algorithm technology.
Charge 3 is crafted from lightweight materials, including an aerospace grade aluminum case and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display. It features a touchscreen OLED display that is close to being 40% larger and brighter than its predecessor. The product is thought to be the first wearable with an inductive button.
To complement the elevated hardware, the interactive software experience was redesigned to more deeply engage and motivate users to reach their goals each day. The high-resolution touchscreen display brilliantly showcases crisp, grayscale graphics with new playful animations and expressive graphics which surprise and delight, creating fun moments to help you celebrate milestones and stay focused on hitting your next goal.
Charge 3 is also said to pack the most advanced health and fitness features to date. With more than nine trillion minutes of heart rate data tracked, Fitbit has enhanced its 24/7 PurePulse heart rate technology for greater accuracy during exercise compared to Charge 2 and provides a better measure of calorie burn and resting heart rate.
A first for a Fitbit tracker is the addition of a relative SpO2 sensor. This allows for the potential to estimate changes in blood oxygen levels and help track new health indicators, like sleep apnea. Additional features include:
- Goal-based exercise modes: 15+ exercise modes like bike, swim, run, weights and yoga; set a goal for calories burned, distance or duration, and see real-time stats.
- Water resistant to 50M: See real-time duration with Swim Mode or use SmartTrack automatic exercise recognition to see laps and pace in the Fitbit app post-swim.
- Go the distance: Stay motivated with Connected GPS from your phone for real-time pace and distance on device, plus Run Detect with auto pause and auto stop (coming soon).
- Information at a glance: Navigate the new personalized, on-device dashboard to see daily activity stats and health metrics like female health tracking; hydration, sleep and weight (coming soon).
- Personalized insights: Know yourself to improve your health with new dynamic insights about your activity, heart rate, nutrition and sleep to help you reach your goals with positive reinforcement and tips to course correct when needed (coming soon in the Fitbit app).
- Social motivation: Connect to one of the largest health and fitness social networks in the world, with more than 25 million active users for added motivation to reach your goals when you engage with friends, family and others through Feed, Groups and Challenges in the Fitbit app.
- 24/7 guidance and motivation: Stay on top of daily activity and get a more complete picture of overall health with features like automatic exercise recognition, Reminders to Move, Relax guided breathing, and sleep tracking with Sleep Stages and Sleep Insights.
Charge 3 is available now for $149.95 in black with a graphite aluminum case or blue gray with a rose gold aluminum case. Accessories range from $29.95 to $49.95. Coming soon, Fitbit Charge 3 Special Edition with Fitbit Pay will be available for $169.95. Charge 3 will be available in stores in Americas and EMEA beginning October 2018 and in Asia Pacific starting November 2018. For more details and features, checkout the Fitbit Charge 3 product brief.