According to a report by Acumen Research and Consulting, the fingerprint sensors market is expected to grab a market value of nearly $17.62 Billion by 2026, at approximately 22% CAGR between 2019 to 2026. Generally used for security applications, the fingerprint sensor is now being used in consumer goods is considered a crucial tool in business management and record keeping.
- Fingerprint sensors market for optical sensor segment is anticipated to experience higher growth rates during the forecast period.
- Consumer electronics/mobile devices accounted for the largest market share of the fingerprint sensors market in 2016.
- Fingerprint sensors applications in payment cards are anticipated grow more rapidly during the forecast period.
- Iris or facial recognition systems are expected to replace or compliment fingerprint sensors between 2019 and 2026 owing to the replacement of capacitive type sensors with the optical or ultrasonic sensors.
- Introduction of In-display sensors and 3D facial recognition are considered as the major disruption for the fingerprint market growth.