MINNEAPOLIS, MN --- Exosite, LLC launches Murano, a breakthrough cloud-based IoT software platform that enables an end-to-end ecosystem to help customers develop and deliver connected products. With its seamless device connectivity, inherent security and third-party integration, Murano helps organizations create sophisticated connected solutions faster to significantly improve time-to-market.
A proven IoT leader, Exosite works closely with top industrial, commercial and consumer brands to develop and bring both legacy and new connected devices to market and, as a result, has a deep understanding of the business and technical challenges these organizations face when making this transition. This knowledge has been incorporated into Murano to provide the infrastructure, tools, services and user interfaces that enable organizations to quickly create end-to-end IoT solutions that reduce risk and support a long-term IoT strategy.
Developed with an open platform philosophy, Murano offers open APIs, connects with other public cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, and offers advanced device connectivity that includes provisioning, security and management functionality. Additionally, Murano provides pre-integration with OEMs through its partner program, Exosite IoT Alliance. And, with Murano, customers always retain complete control and ownership of their users, data, IP and code.
This open ecosystem is purpose-built to dramatically accelerate time-to-market for connected solutions, reduce implementation costs, leverage reusable system components to support standardization and organizational alignment and enhance quality from design to production.
Murano Key Features
- Device Connectivity & Security – Murano enables organizations to quickly and securely connect devices to the cloud and route data to IoT solutions. Murano’s integrated tools easily manage large fleets of devices, including features like device configuration, firmware updates, and security keys. Murano lets customers focus on adding high-value functionality to their products without having to learn, develop and maintain the infrastructure for a scalable system.
- Custom APIs – Murano allows organizations to define custom web-service APIs that give developers the flexibility to decide exactly what context, application logic and device/user access make sense for their solution. The APIs take on the majority of the complex functionality, so customers can be more creative and efficient with popular, standardized application frameworks.
- Application Hosting & Framework – Murano provides static application file hosting that, when combined with custom APIs, enables a full application to be hosted with Exosite. As a result, customers can develop a complete IoT system, all in one place, that is backed by Exosite’s technical support team and 24/7 monitoring.
- Roles & Permissions Management – User roles and access permissions play a critical role in IoT security and can be one of the most complicated parts of a connected solution. Murano’s integrated user service provides a powerful, off-the-shelf permissions scheme that includes authentication, management and role definition that can be built into application permissions, reducing complexity and ensuring security.
- Third-party Integration – Integrating device data securely into the business tools, systems and third-party platforms that customers already have in place is key to unlocking the value of IoT. Murano offers a variety of off-the-shelf, third-party integrations such as Salesforce, Twilio, and other CRM software, business reporting tools, cloud-based dispatch and data services, analytics and more.
Pricing & Availability
Free evaluation trials are available, and Murano is now generally available for purchase on a monthly subscription basis. For more information, visit https://exosite.com/platform