BENGALURU -- The EFY Group, a premier publishing group for the electronics industry, presented the 10th edition of the EFY Awards on March 14 at a ceremony held in the Le Meridien Hotel, Bengaluru. The award, Electronics Leader of the Year, was won by Vinod Sharma, managing director, Deki Electronics.
Receiving the award, Vinod Sharma said, "It is good to know that the industry likes and values the efforts I have put in during the past few years to boost electronics manufacturing in India."
A special jury award was given to the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India, for its exemplary policy initiatives.
EFY Awards aim to recognise brands, organisations and individuals who are leaders in their respective segments within the Indian electronics industry. The awards were presented across 26 product categories to brands voted by the readers of the 'Electronics For You' and 'Electronics Bazaar' magazines. Awards are also given in six special categories, where the winners were selected by a jury of six members.
Welcoming the guests, Rahul Chopra, managing director of the EFY Group, said, "EFY Awards are an attempt to give recognition to the leading enterprises and individuals in the Indian electronics industry. Being the leading publication (EFY) in the electronics industry, we have taken the initiative to identify the frontrunners among the companies and individuals in the industry, with inputs from the electronics fraternity."
Receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award, T Vasu, director, Tandon Group, said, "I'm privileged to receive this award from EFY, the leading promoter of the electronics industry in the country, second to only DeitY, to which we owe our entire life. EFY Awards are certainly an encouraging catalyst."
Rajan Shringarpure, managing director, and director, operations, Vishay Components, winner of two awards in the categories 'Resistors' and 'Diodes & transistors,' said, "We are, of course, delighted to receive two awards. To be voted the best in India in the two major products of our portfolio, by people in the industry, is a feeling that is very fulfilling."
Accepting the award in the category of 'Oscilloscopes', Kapil Sood, managing director, Tektronix, said, "It's a fantastic feeling as we have been winning this award for the last 10 years in a row. EFY is a very well respected and widely read magazine, so its readers voting for us over all these years is significant for us."
C-DAC won the award for being the 'Most Popular Training Institute' for electronics. Accepting the award, Dr Kumari Roshini V S, associate director, C-DAC, said, "It's a very proud moment for all C-DACians to receive this award. Our focus in education training is to impart whatever technology we have developed as part of C-DAC to the academic community as well as others."
The Winners - EFY Jury Awards
1) Leader of the Year: Vinod Sharma, managing director, Deki Electronics
2) Organisation of the Year: NTL Electronics India Ltd
3) Certification of Excellence for Innovation in Electronics Manufacturing: SGS Tekniks Manufacturing Pvt Ltd
4) Lifetime Achievement: Ravinder Zutshi, deputy managing director, Samsung
5) Lifetime Achievement: T Vasu, director, Tandon Group
6) Special Jury Award for Exemplary Policy Initiatives: DeitY
EFY Readers' Choice Awards
1) Resistors: Vishay Components
2) Capacitors: Keltron
3) Diodes & Transistors: Vishay Components
4) Switches & Relays: Omron
5) Educational Kits & Trainers: Vegakit
6) EDA Tools: Cadence
7) Solar Cells: Moser Baer
8) Sensors, Transducers & Actuators: Honeywell
9) Soldering & Desoldering Stations: Weller
10) Multimeters: Fluke
11) Oscilloscopes: Tektronix
12) Inverters: Microtek
13) SMF Batteries: Exide
14) Microcontrollers: Atmel
16) EPABX & Key Telephones: Panasonic
17) Solar Panels: Tata Power Solar Systems
18) Connectors: Molex
19) CCTV Cameras: Bosch
20) ICs for LED Drivers: Texas Instruments
21) Pick & Place Machines: Juki
22) Programmable Logic Controllers: Siemens
23) LEDs: Osram
24) Training Institutions: C-DAC
25) EMS Organisations: Flextronics
26) PCB: Shogini
For more information, visit http://www.efyawards.com