SUGAR LAND, TX /Marketwire/ -- Draeger Safety Inc. (Pittsburgh, PA), a U.S. subsidiary of Draeger Group (Luebeck, Germany), entered the fixed gas detection system market in 1988 with a commitment in resources and technology development. Today, Draeger Safety's third-generation fixed gas detector, the Polytron 7000, culminates more than 20 years of product improvement from client/market feedback, providing users with a flexible, modular system for a variety of industrial applications.
"Because of its modularity and the large number of sensors offered, The Polytron 7000 can be customized to the plant, unit, and even down to the equipment level, providing clients with unmatched flexibility," states Guenter Huber, Marketing and Product Manager, Gas Detection Systems, for Draeger Safety. The Polytron 7000 can be tailored to the client's needs, providing a customizable combination of up to 30 different gas sensors in one transmitter. Sensors can be connected to a control/monitoring system or can be used as a stand-alone alarm unit with local relays.
Some widely used applications of Draeger Safety's fixed gas detection systems:
- Wastewater Treatment Plants—used to detect hydrogen sulfide or chlorine.
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Production—primarily used for hydrogen sulfide detection.
- Chemical Processing and Refining—monitors up to 30 different toxic gases.
- Semiconductor Industry—for monitoring process gases.
- Automotive Industry—used for carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide monitoring.
- Food and Beverage Industry—used to monitors ammonia in refrigeration systems.
- Pulp and Paper Indusrty—used to monitor for ozone and chlorine.