MarketsandMarkets’ report on the "Depth Sensing Market by Component, Type, Technology (Stereo Vision, Structured Light, Time-of-Flight), Vertical (Automotive, Building Automation, Consumer Electronics, Industrial and Medical) and Geography - Global Forecast to 2023" claims this market is expected to grow from $4.4 Billion in 2018 to $7.72 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 11.89% between 2018 and 2023. Factors driving growth include the growing smartphone market, increasing adoption of dual-camera smartphones, rising use of depth sensing technology in AR/VR gaming applications, and increasing requirement of security and surveillance systems.
- Camera/lens module to hold largest market size by 2023
- Market for time-of-flight technology to grow at highest CAGR during 2018-2023
- Consumer electronics vertical to hold larger share of depth sensing market by 2023
- Depth sensing market in APAC to grow at highest CAGR during 2018-2023
- The report also profiles the most promising players in this market: Texas Instruments (US), Infineon Technologies (Germany), Qualcomm (US), Occipital (US), Stereolabs (US), Creative (Singapore), pmdtechnologies (Germany), Sony Depthsensing Solutions (Belgium), BECOM BLUETECHNIX (Austria), Intel (US), Melexis (Belgium), Tower semiconductor (Israel), Vrmagic (Germany), Aquifi (US), Nerian Vision Technologies (Germany), Espros (Switzerland), Sunny Optical Technology (China), PrimeSense (Israel), ASUSTeK Computer (Taiwan), and LIPS Corporation (Taiwan).
Want to go deeper into this topic? Then browse the "Depth Sensing Market - Global Forecast to 2023" report.