According to Allied Market Research’s report, “Data Center Chip Market by Chip Type (GPU, ASIC, FPGA, CPU, and Others), Data Center Size (Small & Medium Size and Large Size) and Industry Vertical (BFSI, Manufacturing, Government, IT & Telecom, Retail, Transportation, Energy & Utilities, and Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018–2025”, the global data center chip market garnered $7.71 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach $15.64 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2018 to 2025. Advancements in chip technology, upsurge in adoption of cloud computing, and government regulations related to localization of data centers drive growth. However, expensive operational costs hinder the growth in the market. On the other hand, rise in smart computing devices would create new opportunities in the industry.
- Graphic processing unit (GPU) segment to maintain dominant position by 2025.
- Large sized data centers to maintain its leadership status during the forecast period.
- BFSI to lead throughout the forecast period.
- North America to remain dominant by 2025.
- Key market players include Intel Corporation, Advanced Micro Devices Inc., GlobalFoundries, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Broadcom, Arm Limited (SoftBank Group Corp.), Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Xilinx, Inc., and Nvidia Corporation.
Need more chip data? Then request a sample of the “Data Center Chip Market” report.
Allied Market Research
USA/Canada: 800-792-5285, 503-894-6022, or 503-446-1141
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060