Claiming to be the industry's most advanced and comprehensive content monitoring system for video services, the Sentry family of digital content monitors add significant new monitoring capabilities. These will enable cable operators, broadcasters and other video service providers (VSPs) to comply with new Closed Captioning regulations, to better identify audio issues including overly loud commercials and to ensure the quality of their OTT and TV Everywhere services. The new capabilities for the Sentry portfolio include:
• The capturing of "thumbnail" images when audio issues occur.
• Support for Dolby Digital Plus (DD+), also known as Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3).
• The ability to audit closed captioning to determine if VSPs are in compliance with new FCC guidelines.
• Doubling of the number streams monitored.
• Along with the ability to monitor multiscreen programming packaged in HLS, Sentry now includes Adobe's HDS adaptive bit rate (ABR) streaming protocol.
For more details about Sentry, visit http://www.tek.com/datasheet/sentry/sentry%C2%AE-%E2%80%94-vnm-sge-vnm-sasi-and-vnm-sxg-datasheet