Texas Instruments introduces three digital-input Class-D audio amplifiers that claim to deliver high-resolution audio in more smart-home and voice-enabled applications. By combining first-of-its-kind integration, real-time protection and new modulation schemes, the devices allow designers to reduce board space and overall bill of material (BOM) cost.
TAS2770 15-W audio amplifier increases loudness and audio quality while simplifying voice capture.
- Efficiently drive high-output peak power into small loudspeakers: As the first wide-supply I/V sense amplifier, the TAS2770 offers state-of-the art, real-time speaker protection when paired with TI Smart Amp algorithms. The amplifier monitors loudspeaker behavior and increases loudness while improving audio quality in applications requiring small speakers – all without changing industrial design.
- Add voice command without changing audio design: The TAS2770 is the industry's first audio front end (AFE) that combines a digital microphone input with a powerful I/V sense amplifier. The device captures voice and ambient acoustic information for echo cancellation or noise reduction in voice-enabled applications.
- Prevent audio clipping and brownout: The TAS2770 monitors battery voltage and automatically decreases gain when audio signals exceed a set threshold, helping designers avoid clipping and extend playback time through end-of-charge battery conditions without degrading sound quality.
TAS5825M audio amplifier delivers 192-kHz audio processing in smart speakers.
- Enhance and protect system audio quality: Designers can achieve high-resolution audio with minimal engineering effort due to the device's 192-kHz input sampling frequency and flexible, integrated processing flows. Additionally, the TAS5825M provides bass enhancement and thermal protection for the speaker.
- Simplify echo cancellation: The TAS5825M's dedicated serial audio interface data output provides ambient sound information to the applications processor.
- Lower power consumption: Engineers can reduce idle-power losses and thermal dissipation without degrading sound quality with the TAS5825M's proprietary hybrid-mode modulation scheme.
TAS3251 increases sound quality and system reliability.
- Combine high performance and integration: The TAS3251 is the first integrated digital-input solution to support the highest output power and performance at 2x175 W, all in one single package.
- Achieve reliable, high-power audio: Enable up to 96-kHz flexible processing and self-protection features including cycle-by-cycle current limit and DC speaker protection with the TAS3251.
Packages & Pricing
Of course, datasheets are available for all three devices.