Microchip Technology’s MPLAB ICD 4 in-circuit programming and debugging development tool for PIC microcontrollers (MCUs) and dsPIC digital signal controllers (DSCs) includes all the features found in the MPLAB ICD 3 tool while adding increased speed through a faster processor and increased RAM. The speed improvement is accomplished through a 32-bit MCU running at 300 MHz. The faster processing, along with an increased buffer memory of 2 MB, results in twice the speed as its predecessor.
The puck-shaped tool comes in a durable, black case with a brushed aluminum top with an LED light strip to indicate debugging status. The tool features:
- A wider target voltage range, from 1.20 to 5.5 V
- An optional 1 amp of power (using an external power supply)
- Selectable pull-up/pull-down option to the target interface
- Configurable interface speed for optimized programming and debugging
- Intelligent, robust interface with fault detection and immunity
- JTAG debugging capability
Pricing and Availability
The MPLAB ICD 4 (DV164045) is available now for $249.95. More details and specs are readily available on the product webpage.