According to Research Report Insights, growth from 2015 to 2023 in the biosensors market is due to factors such as increasing emphasis on better security and safety, application of fingerprint scan, facial scan and hand scan. Also, a huge opportunity in the financial sector has been created for biometric security sensors because of increasing emergence of mobile and online financial transactions. The advanced technology of biometric sensors can be used in a wide number of applications such as automotive, consumer electronics, commercial centers and hospitality industries. In sectors where safety, privacy and security are of primary concern, biometric sensors are expected to find opportunities in applications such as making transactions and operations.
- Key manufactures of smartphones and other gadgets have started offering fingerprint sensors as a part of certain products sensing the consumer preference for security and privacy.
- Growing demand for tablets, smartwatches, wearable devices and other consumer electronic products are acting as one of the major drivers for this market.
- Restraining factors for the market include limitation of application indifferent geographical regions due to cultural barriers and lack of standardization in the process of implementation and development of technical standards.
- Graphene enabled sensors are the future of the biometric sensor market.
- Biosensor market is segmented into capacitive sensors, optical sensors, thermal sensors, ultrasound sensors and electric field sensors (eField).
- In terms of application, the market is segmented into voice scan, finger scan, hand scan, facial scan, iris scan, vein scan and others. Also, by end use, the market is segmented into consumer electronics, commercial centers and buildings, defense and security, medical and research labs, and banking and financial services.
- The global biometric sensors market is categorized geographically into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW).
- Players in the biometric sensors market are CrossMatch Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Fulcrum Biometrics (U.S.), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), 3M (U.S.), ZKTecoInc (China), NEC Corporation (Japan), Safran (France), Precise Biometrics Ab (Sweden), Suprema Inc. (South Korea), and IDEX ASA (Norway).
For deeper insights, a sample report.
Research Report Insights