RoboSense unveils the RS-IPLS Intelligent Perception LiDAR system, deemed to be the first hardware and software algorithm-based solution for the mass production of safer autonomous cars. Described as a high performance autonomous driving system, the RS-IPLS features real-time data pre-processing and a “gaze” function that performs like human eyes. Also notable, the RoboSense system is said to be inexpensive at about 1/400th the price of traditional 64-line LiDAR systems.
The RS-IPLS system is based on MEMS solid-state LiDAR. Its outputs promise the highest resolution color point cloud data by merging the underlying hardware of 2D imagery with the company’s RS-LiDAR-Algorithm deep learning sensing algorithm developed specifically for autonomous driving. The intelligent detection algorithm achieves target level information that adjusts the Region of Interest (ROI) detection area in real-time with no delay.
RS-LiDAR-Gaze “Gaze” Technology operates as follows. When the system’s field of view perceives a target of interest, it initiates a “gaze” processing mechanism that instantly locks the target for ROI processing, thus achieving the clearest and most stable environmental data. The LiDAR under-the-system architecture maintains a high degree of vigilance of the surrounding environment, constantly capturing the areas of interest, allowing the “gaze” to transfer efficient and high-quality feedback in the field of view.
The system also provides richer three-dimensional spatial data information (X, Y, Z, R, G, B) in real-time from the bottom layer, which reduces the time delay normally caused by external fusion. Data pre-processing is performed by the AI algorithm, with the area of interest repeatedly detected for farther detection distance and more accurate perception results for autonomous driving, with reduced data processing stress to the central data processing unit.
RS-IPLS features in a nutshell:
- Accurate “gaze” function like human eyes: when the field of view perceives a target of interest, the RS-IPLS will initiate a “gaze” processing mechanism that instantly locks the target for Region of Interest (ROI) processing to achieve the clearest and most stable environmental data.
- Safer driving with AI perception: an AI-aware algorithm specifically designed for autonomous driving. It improves the detection of distance, accuracy, and opacity of the target object, improving the safety of the self-driving vehicle for detection with less computing power.
- Color point cloud with 3D dimension and RGB information: the technologies are fused to instantly detect two-dimensional color information onto 3D high-precision spatial data, providing color point cloud data after time and space synchronization, so RS-IPLS detects more details of road objects.
- Highest Resolution: the MEMS solid-state LiDAR RS-LiDAR-M1Pre provides the highest resolution.
- Lowest Cost: the RS-IPLS is low cost, priced for mass production at $200 USD, 1/400th the price of traditional LiDAR.
- Real-Time Data with No Delay: the intelligent detection algorithm achieves target level information that adjusts the ROI detection area in real-time with no delay.
- Farther Distance & More Accurate: richer three-dimensional spatial data information (X, Y, Z, R, G, B) reduces the time delay and provides further detection distance and more accurate perception.
Need greater illumination and insights? visit RoboSense.