According to Global Market Insights’ latest research, the automotive display market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% from 2019 to 2025. The global industry unit shipments are set to exceed 350 million units by 2025. Market growth is driven by technological innovations such as car connectivity and development of infotainment systems.
- With an increased need for vehicle safety features, technologies such as augmented reality have turned from a mere concept into reality.
- With the growing sales of passenger cars, the rising demand for connected vehicles, and a high disposable income, the automotive display market has been witnessing a rapid growth, particularly in Asian & European economies.
- Currently, most of the display panels used in these systems are TFT LCD displays, whereas OLED panels are expected to be more prominent in the automotive display market in the coming years.
- Key players in the industry are Continental AG, Visteon, Panasonic Automotive Systems, Denso, and Robert Bosch, offering different products such as instrument clusters, head-up displays, etc.
- Factors restraining growth include the high costs of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and the costs associated with technologies such as augmented reality and OLED panels, limiting the automotive display market.
- Touch surfaces are not yet as reliable as mechanical buttons and systems.
- Larger displays if not implemented properly results in difficulty of operation, making it unsafe for drivers. Tesla’s large display is an example, which is difficult to operate due to its size and drivers need to look at the display every time while operating it. This problem is being resolved with the introduction of 3D touch surface displays by Continental AG.
For further findings, request a sample of the “Automotive Display Market” report.