MILFORD, CT – Thinklogical announces it is the first company to deliver extension and switching for full, uncompressed 4K video with full color depth at a 60-Hz frame rate, via a new family of DisplayPort and HDMI solutions, using only two fibers or CATx cables. This reduces the cost and infrastructure required to manage content created in the growing 4K industry standard without compromising quality, resolution or performance..
The innovative 4K signal management solution is enabled through the company's new TLX KVM matrix switches and extenders. TLX matrix switches and extenders are based on an innovative new, single-data-stream 10Gbps architecture that supports delivery of uncompressed video, audio and peripheral data over both fiber-optic and CATx infrastructure, minimizing the number of components and cables required when compared to alternative solutions. TLX offers the lowest signal latency in the industry (microseconds, vs. milliseconds for compressed solutions), and no visual artifacts, jitter or lost frames. It is ideal for mission-critical, video-rich applications in defense and intelligence, broadcast and post-production, oil and gas, energy management, air traffic control, simulation and visualization and other markets with advanced customer requirements.
"Building on Thinklogical's proven track record of technology-focused and customer-driven innovation, we are proud to introduce the first truly uncompressed 4K video signal management solution in the industry, capable of extending and switching 60Hz 4K video with full resolution and color depth over just two cables, which can be either fiber or CATx," said Joe Pajer, president and CEO of Thinklogical. "Users needing to extend and switch 4K video no longer have to compromise performance and resolution with lower-bandwidth KVM products that compress and alter the signal, nor do they need to work around the additional latency created in those compressed solutions."
Pajer added, "Thinklogical's TLX series is an industry breakthrough that brings 4K signal management into the mainstream, improving productivity and quality while minimizing cable and equipment footprint. A true 4K extension and switching solution for customers with mission-critical applications is now available, and only from Thinklogical."
Thinklogical also includes an innovative connector on its TLX extenders. The connector can receive both HDMI and DisplayPort cables, reducing the number of extenders needed, eliminating the requirement for an external adapter or dongle to convert from DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI, and allowing the customer to upgrade from HDMI to DisplayPort when and as they need to in the future, with no change in equipment. When combined with a Thinklogical TLX matrix switch, it becomes easy to intermingle and connect HDMI/DVI and DisplayPort sources and displays.
TLX product specifications include:
• TLX Video and KVM Extension Systems
• Connector supports both HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2 cables
• 10Gbps bandwidth per port
• Multi-mode fiber, single mode fiber and CATx configurations
• Extension of up to 80km over fiber, 100m over CATx
• Support for a single display up to 4096x2160 @ 30Hz, or two displays up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz – over a single fiber or CATx cable
• Support for a single display up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz, or two displays up to 4096x2160 @ 30Hz – over two fibers or CATx cables
• Support for two displays up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz – over four fibers or CATx cables
• Supports HDCP content
• Local output port(s)
• Ethernet port for configuration, management and updates
• Support for embedded audio, with ability to de-embed at the receiver
• Support for unbalanced analog audio and serial RS-232
• Support for USB HID and USB 2.0 (480Mbps), on KVM extenders
• Modular, hot-swappable form factor
• Several chassis types available, for surface mount and rack mount applications ◦Q-1300 – supports up to a single video extender module
• Q-2300 – supports up to two video extender modules or a single KVM extender module
• Q-4300 – supports up to four video extender modules or two KVM extender modules, and offers redundant, hot-swappable power supplies
TLX Matrix Switches
• 10Gbps bandwidth per port
• Multi-mode fiber, single mode fiber, CATx and hybrid configurations
• Non-blocking and protocol agnostic
• Scalable from 16 ports to 640 ports
• Critical system components are hot-swappable: power supplies, fan trays, control cards, data input/output cards
• Redundant and current-sharing power supplies
• Redundant control cards with automatic failover
• Expected to achieve Common Criteria EAL4, TEMPEST SDIP 27 Level B and NATO NIAPC Evaluation Scheme: Green information assurance (IA) accreditations
TLX solutions are available for order now from Thinklogical and authorized resellers. More information can be found at http://www.thinklogical.com