WASHINGTON -- At the American Technology Awards (ATAs) Showcase, recognizing outstanding achievement in technology, TechAmerica presented the award for Breakthrough Technology of the Year to Olympus Corporation's ENDOEYE FLEX 3D videoscope, a laparoscopic device that allows medical professionals to view and analyze anatomy more precisely through the use of 3D technology. Additionally, TechAmerica chose 15 products and services out of 100 entries as category winners. The ATA Showcase was held at 1776, a technology incubator platform in Washington, DC.
Awards were given out in the categories of Advanced Manufacturing/Technology Manufacturing; Aerospace & Defense; Big Data; Clean Tech/Green Tech; Cloud Computing/Software as a Service; Consumer Electronics/Computers & Peripherals; Cybersecurity; Health & Medical Technologies; Internet Services, E-Commerce & Mobility; IT Services & Consulting; Semiconductors & Electronic Components; Server & Storage Technology; Smart Grid & Smart Instruments; Software; and Telecommunications.
"Congratulations to all the deserving recipients of the American Technology Awards, and particularly to the Olympus Corporation for its life-changing innovation in laparoscopic technology," said Todd Thibodeaux, president and chief executive officer, CompTIA.
CompTIA recently acquired TechAmerica, and last night's ATA Showcase was the new organization's first major event following the transaction.
The ENDOEYE FLEX 3D and Olympus Corporation will be presented with the award at TechAmerica Foundation's Technology and Government Dinner. The June 12 event, held in the Ronald Reagan Building, is a gala evening that brings together industry, Congressional and government leaders to celebrate the partnership between the tech sector and government. At last year's dinner, TechAmerica presented the award to Google Glass, and honored the additional winners of the ATAs for their products and services.
To purchase a table for the TechAmerica Foundation Technology and Government Dinner or to become involved with sponsorship opportunities, contact Pamela Strother at [email protected]
Category winners of the 2014 American Technology Awards are:
Advanced Manufacturing/Technology Manufacturing:
• Quintiq – Supply Chain Planning and Optimization
• Aerospace & Defense
• BAE Systems – Advanced Analytics Framework
• Big Data Applications
• Cloudera – Cloudera Enterprise
• Clean Tech/Green Tech
• MicroPower Technologies – Helios Surveillance System
• Cloud Computing/Software as a Service
• Red Hat – OpenShift
• Consumer Electronics/Computers and Peripherals
• SOL REPUBLIC – SOL REPUBLIC DECK
• Unisys – Unisys Stealth
• Health & Medical Technologies
• Olympus – ENDOEYE FLEX 3D Articulating Videoscope
• Internet Services, E-Commerce & Mobility
• Virginia Information Technologies – Virginia electronic Health and Human Resources (eHHR)
• IT Services & Consulting
• SRA International – AcuITy Insightful Solutions
Semiconductors & Electronic Components:
• Cascade Microtech, Inc. – APS200TESLA
• Server & Storage Technology
• Seagate Technology – Seagate Kinetic Open Storage Platform
• Smart Grid & Smart Instruments
• Silver Spring Networks – Silver Spring Networks' Smart Street Lights Solution
• HP – HP Velocity
• AT&T – AT&T Small Cells and HetNet Analysis and Resource Planning tool (HARP)