Lattice Semiconductor expands features of its Lattice sensAI stack, designed to speed time-to-market for developers of flexible machine learning inferencing in consumer and industrial IoT applications. Building on the ultra-low power (1 mW-1 W) focus of the sensAI stack, the company is releasing new IP cores, reference designs, demos and hardware development kits that provide scalable performance and power for always-on, on-device artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
- Stand-alone iCE40 UltraPlus / ECP5 FPGA-based always-on, integrated solutions, with latency, security, and form factor benefits.
- Solutions utilizing iCE40 UltraPlus as an always-on processor that detects key-phrases or objects, and wakes-up a high-performance AP SoC / ASIC for further analytics only when required, reducing overall system power consumption.
- Solutions utilizing the scalable performance/power benefits of ECP5 for neural network acceleration, along with IO flexibility to seamlessly interface to on-board legacy devices including sensors and low-end MCUs for system control.
Updates to the sensAI stack include:
- IP Cores – New CNN Compact Accelerator IPcore for improved accuracy on iCE40 UltraPlus FPGA, and enhanced CNNAccelerator IP core for improved performance on ECP5 FPGAs
- Software Tools – Updated neural network compiler tool with improved ease-of-use and both Caffe and Tensor Flow support for iCE40 UltraPlus FPGAs
- Reference Designs – New human presence detection and hand gesture recognition reference designs and demos
- Modular Hardware Platforms – New iCE40UltraPlus development platforms including Himax HM01B0 UPduino Shield, and DPControl iCEVision Board
- Design Service Partners – New vehicle classification and package detection demos from sensAI Design Services Partners