Allied Market Research’s report, “Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chip Market by Chip Type, Application, Technology, and Industry vertical - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018-2025”, cites a heavy inflow of investments in AI startups, rise in demand for smart cities and smart homes, and the emergence of quantum computing as factors propelling growth of the global artificial intelligence chip market. According to the report, the global AI chip market garnered $4.51 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $91.19 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 45.4% from 2018 to 2025.
- Increase in investments in AI startups, proliferation of smart city & smart home projects, and rise in adoption of quantum computing drive the growth of the market.
- Scarcity of skilled workforce would restrain the growth of the industry.
- Adoption of AI chips in developing countries and intensive R&D activities in the field of smart robotics would create new opportunities for the market players in future.
- Graphics processing unit (GPU) chip segment to accrue highest revenue through 2025.
- Machine learning segment to remain dominant by 2025.
- SoC technology segment to retain lead in terms of revenue through 2025.
- Edge processing type segment to be lucrative through 2025.
- BFSI segment to remain dominant throughout the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific to grow the fastest by 2025.
- Market players analyzed in the report include Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Intel Corporation, Google, Inc., Baidu, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, Graphcore, UC-Davis, Adapteva, and Mythic, Inc.
Chomping on the bit for more stats and insights on this market? Then request a sample of the “Artificial Intelligence Chip Market” report.
Allied Market Research
Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada: 800-792-5285, 503-894-6022, 503-446-1141
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060