Stratview Research’s report, “AFP/ATL Machines Market by Machine Type, End-User Type, and by Region, Forecast, Competitive Analysis, and Growth Opportunity: 2019-2024”, provides detailed insights on the market dynamics. As per the report, the global AFP/ATL machines market is forecasted to reach an estimated value of $294.7 million in 2024.
The growth of AFP/ATL machines is governed by factors such as benefits over the traditional hand layup process coupled with organic growth of the aerospace industry are the prime growth drivers. AFP/ATL machines lay prepreg material efficiently at a rate of more than 50 lbs. per hour with improved part quality, which is not possible with the traditional hand layup process. A skilled technician can generally lay prepreg at 2.5 lbs. per hour. These machines are playing a pivotal role in achieving OEMs' focus on the development of lightweight composite parts with reduced cycle time.
- Aerospace is one such industry that witnessed excellent penetration of advanced composites in the crucial sections including fuselage and wings in next-generation aircraft such as B787 and A350XWB.
- AFP machine is expected to remain the most dominant machine type in the market over the next five years, owing to the development of low-cost AFP machines and their increasing acceptance in a wide array of industries including automotive and spatial.
- Based on the end-user type, tier players and OEMs are likely to remain the major procurers of these machines in coming eons.
- North America is expected to remain the largest market for AFP/ATL machines during the forecast period.
- Major players in the global AFP/ATL machines market are M. Torres Diseños Industriales S.A.U, Electroimpact Inc., Coriolis Composites Technologies SAS, Ingersoll Machine Tools Inc., Fives, Accudyne System, Inc., Automated Dynamics, and Mikrosam AD.
For more details, request a free sample of the “AFP/ATL Machines Market” report.