Alliance Sensors Group’s S2A LVDT signal conditioner offers smart and fast LVDT/RVDT setup and works with the widest range of LVDTs, RVDTs, and inductive half-bridge sensors including 3-wire GE LVRTs and GE gas turbine buck-boost style LVDTs. The signal conditioning module has cyber security tamper prevention and notification features, providing confidence that the unit has not been compromised. S2A operating features include:
- Push button calibration
- Built-In null indication
- 4 excitation frequencies, 8 analog DC outputs (6 DC voltage and 2 current loop outputs)
- 16 addresses for RS-485 digital communications
- Hot swap capability
- Advanced master/slave capability to reduce cross talk
S2A diagnostic features include:
- Shorted primary,
- Disconnected or open primary,
- Shorted or grounded secondaries,
- Disconnected or open secondaries,
- Analog output shorts or opens,
- Common hook-up errors that can occur during initial installation and setup.
- Cybersecurity to prevent tampering and notify main system operations of tamper attempt.
- Real-time recalibration to tweak the analog output after the mechanical system’s warmup.
- Recalibration from the module’s front panel or over the RS-485 bus.
- Differential input which common modes out most ground-loop developed noise signals.
- Backward Compatible to perform exactly as the legacy S1A conditioner.
Other features include:
- Color coded plug-in connections which permit easy pre-wiring in a rack and hot swapping
- Self-diagnostics for LVDT winding failures or cable disconnection.
- Detected output errors or faults drive analog output out of range, which is especially important for applications using redundant LVDTs
- A two-year warranty offers value to systems integrators who may purchase modules long before they will be put into service