Alliance Sensors Group introduces its latest LVDT signal conditioner, the S2A. The conditioner offers smart and fast LVDT/RVDT setup and has been engineered to work with the widest range of LVDTs, RVDTs, and inductive half-bridge sensors including 3-wire GE LVRTs and GE gas turbine buck-boost style LVDTs. The signal conditioning module has cyber security tamper prevention and notification features that no other manufacturers have even considered, providing confidence that the unit has not been compromised.
- Push button calibration
- Built-In null indication
- 4 excitation frequencies, 8 analog DC outputs (6 DC voltage and 2 current loop outputs)
- 16 addresses for RS-485 digital communications
- Hot swap capability
- Advanced master/slave capability to reduce cross talk
S2A New Diagnostic Features:
- Shorted primary,
- Disconnected or open primary,
- Shorted or grounded secondaries,
- Disconnected or open secondaries,
- Analog output shorts or opens,
- Common hook-up errors that can occur during initial installation and setup.
- Cybersecurity to prevent tampering and notify main system operations of tamper attempt.
- Real-time recalibration to tweak the analog output after the mechanical system’s warmup.
- Recalibration from the module’s front panel or over the RS-485 bus.
- Differential input which common modes out most ground-loop developed noise signals.
- Backward Compatible to perform exactly as the legacy S1A conditioner.
Other features of the S2A include:
- Color coded plug-in connections which permit easy pre-wiring in a rack and hot swapping
- Self-diagnostics for LVDT winding failures or cable disconnection.
- Detected output errors or faults drive analog output out of range, which is especially important for applications using redundant LVDTs