Newton, MA – May 23, 2016 –Sensors Expo & Conference (#Sensors16), the nation's leading event focused exclusively on sensors and sensor-integrated systems, has launched a new Non-Profit and University Program designed to encourage participation from all members of academia and non-profits and provide the opportunity to introduce research and innovative designs to the larger sensors community at this year’s event. Taking place June 21-23 at the McEnery Convention Center in the epicenter of innovation, Silicon Valley, Sensors encourages graduate students in sensor research, students exploring a career in sensor or design engineering, faculty members, post-docs and non-profit companies eager to learn more about sensors or showcase new sensor applications to participate in this year’s program. To learn more please, visit: sensorsexpo.com/university.
- To learn more about Sensors or to register please visit sensorsexpo.com/registration.
Dedicated to cultivating the next generation of professionals in the sensors industry, the new program will feature a number of unique opportunities to encourage knowledge sharing and networking. The Career Center, located on the Expo Floor, allows students to post their credentials and resume, and network with potential employers. In addition, Sensors Expo offers several specific networking meetups including Networking Breakfasts, the Kick-Off Party, and SensorsFest, among others. This year’s participants in the University Program include BSAC: Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center, Northeastern University: Silicon Valley Campus, UC Santa Cruz: Silicon Valley Campus and University of Washington.
Highlights of the new program include:
- The University Poster Contest – offers academia the opportunity to showcase research and deliver outstanding visual presentations. All submissions will be submitted online prior to the event and finalists will be asked to display a technical poster on June 23. The winning poster will be selected and presented with an award during the University Awards Ceremony. All finalists will also receive a complimentary Main Conference Pass (valued at $999). To submit an entry, please visit: sensorsexpo.com/sensors-2016-poster-contest.
- The Future of Engineering Panel – moderated by Roger Grace, President, Roger Grace Associates, this panel session will be held June 23rd at 12:30 p.m., and will explore the future of engineering education and career exploration. Featured panelist includes Dr. Nadine Aubry, Dean of the College of Engineering, University Distinguished Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering as well as a range of university and industry professionals.
- The Sensors Design Challenge - participants will construct IoT solutions from scratch onsite and will pitch the final products on Thursday, June 23rd to a panel of judges and three levels of prizes will be awarded. Winners will also be featured in Sensors Magazine. To learn more, please visit: sensorsexpo.com/sensors-design-challenge.
- Academic Scholarship Discount Offer: Using a special discount code, Academia will receive 50% off the current rate of Gold Conference Passes –a savings of up to $700. Please contact [email protected] to inquire about this special discount rate.
“As a long-time participant and supporter of Sensors Expo & Conference, I am thrilled to be part of this new program, helping to encourage innovation in the sensors industry and provide a platform for both academia and non-profits to showcase their cutting edge ideas and designs,” said Roger Grace, President, Roger Grace Associates. “I look forward to connecting with new colleagues, share best practices and offer guidance as we navigate the evolving sensors industry together.”
Exhibitor sign up is available by contacting Cal Groton or Joe Zuccerella and to stay updated on the latest show developments by following us on social media channels Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference is widely known as one of the world's largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. For more information, visit www.sensorsexpo.com. Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. For more information, visit www.questex.com.
For further information, contact: